We wanted to give this Gplan sideboard a subtle transformation. Restoring the wood to bring it back to its natural aesthetic. After stripping it back of its dark varnish we found a striking striped teak veneer, lovely warm tones, finished in a semi mat wood oil, bringing this piece back to life. We have added our own touch by applying a scandi style fabric to complement the mid-century vibes.
The handles have been painstakingly buffed and polished to bring them back to their former glory. The organic shape of the brass is the perfect contrast to the sleek modern lines throughout the piece.
The base has been stripped and painted in a jet black, this style has then been carried on through in other accepts of the piece. The feet have also had the same treatment as the handles.
This sort after G-plan design was originally made as a cocktail cabinet, but by removing the glass front and creating a more sophisticated feel this sideboard can be functional for anywhere in the home.
Height - 96.5cm
Width - 121.3cm
Depth - 48.3cm
- The teak veneer has been smooth sanded and then oiled with teak oil to bring out the natural dark colour of the wood.
- We use Lick, a matt, low VOC, durable paint then apply a top coat of extra protection.
- The Fabric is a cotton blend which has been sealed to prevent fraying.
- We have restored the original solid brass hardware, where we can we try to re-use the hardware to save waste.
Condition & Care
- We pride ourselves on the standard of the finish we send our pieces out. Changing the outlook of re-finished furniture with high quality finishes and materials that elevate our designs making them the must have pieces, just as good as new if not better!
- To care for this piece we recomend useing a natrual wood polish or a damp cloth.
Free delivery on orders over £500
For shipping overseas, please see shipping & returns